Mangga Dua Square is one of the primary trade centers in Mangga Dua area. It also has been known as biggest wholesale center in Jakarta. Located at the intersection of Jalan Mangga Dua and Jalan Gunung Sahari, Mangga Dua Square complex also has multi function hall named JITEC (Jakarta Int’l Event & Convention Center).
Harco Mangga Dua Plaza
In this mall you can find a wide variety of computers. Desktop computer, notebook, netbook from various brands and prices can be found here. Some of the stores are the official distributors of certain brand, and some stores are even the retail stores. Not only computers, you also can find computer accessories, cameras, even sound system.
- Mangga Dua trade center opens from 8am in the morning. Some even open their stores from 7am. You need to take note that most of them close their stores near maghrib time (around 5-6pm). The rest are still open until 8pm. The best time to go shopping in Mangga Dua is in the morning and during the weekdays, as the crowd is not too overwhelming.
- Bring only ‘necessary’ items such as money, debit or credit cards, water bottle, or small towel in a small sling bag. You will bring many shopping bags later so make sure that your own belongings are still safe and under control.
- Before you go, it is better to make a shopping list. That way you know what stuffs you prioritize the most. It is also better if you make an ‘itinerary’ so you know which store you want to visit first, where to go next, and so on.
- If you want to buy computer or other electronic devices, make sure that you know complete information about the stuff you plan to buy, from the specification, guarantee, price, until the after-sale services.
- Bring enough cash. Only few stores in Mangga Dua accept electronic payments.
- Be aware of pickpockets! Don’t put your money only in your wallet. Put some in your pocket, bag, or even in your socks.
- If you don’t plan to buy in bulk, you will need reusable bag. Some stores put the items you bought in small plastic bag. It will be inconvenient if you have to carry all of those small bags in your hand. You can put all the items in one bag so you can carry it easily.
- Don’t forget to haggle! But also don’t be too ‘mean’ to the shopkeepers (ask for the rational price since the original price is low already).
- Make a good relationship with the sellers. Talk to them after you purchased your items, and if necessary ask their phone numbers so they can tell you when new items are available in their store. Who knows you will get special discounts, right?
So, do you plan to go to Mangga Dua this weekend?
Copyright (C) https://www.indoindians.com. Read more at https://www.indoindians.com/mangga-dua-trade-center-a-shopping-paradise-in-the-northern-jakarta/ .