Exit / Re-Entry Permits
Note: Under the recent immigration law changes, there will no longer be single entry permits, only multiple exit/reentry permits (MERP).
Whenever a foreigner holding an ITAS or ITAP wants to leave Indonesia for a short period, they are required to apply for an exit/re-entry permit from the immigration office. The permit is stamped into your passport.
A multiple exit/re-entry permit allows you to leave and reenter Indonesia as many times as needed during the validity of the permit. For ITAS holders, the permit can be issued for 6 months or 1 year. For ITAP holders the permit can only be issued for 2 years (not less).
In other words, if you have an ITAS, you can only get a Multiple Exit Reentry Permit for the same length of time as the validity of the ITAS. You can spend as much time as you want abroad as long as you return to Indonesia before the MERP and ITAS expire.
It is advisable to always have a valid multiple re-entry permit stamped in your passport just in case of the need for an emergency departure, such as illness in a family member back home or a medical emergency for a member of your family in Jakarta or the need to escape an situation of civil unrest.
The fees concerning exit/re-entry permit, as indicated in Peraturan Pemerintah nomor 45 tahun 2014 as follows:
- Multiple exit for 6 months validity: Rp. 600,000 (for holders of ITAS only)
- Multiple exit for 1 year validity: Rp. 1,000,000 (for holders of ITAS only)
- Multiple exit for 2 years validity: Rp. 1,750,000 (for holders of ITAP only)
- A new fee for “Jasa Penggunaan Teknologi Sistem Informasi Manajemen keimigrasian” of Rp 55,000 may be added to the cost above.
It normally takes 2-3 working days to process your Exit/Re-entry Permit. To apply you’ll need:
- Official form – Perdim 25: Formulir Izin Masuk Kembali dan Pemulangan
- Official form – Perdim 27: Formulir Perubahan Data Orang Asing
- Original and photocopy of both sides of your ITAS /ITAP
- A letter of guarantee from your sponsor
- A photocopy of the sponsor’s KTP
- Application letter from your Sponsor
- Original Passport and copies of relevant pages
- Photocopies of marriage certificate and Kartu Keluarga, just in case they are requested as well
Forms and folder should be free.
MERP expiring while you’re out of the country?
Be aware that If the permit is going to expire while you are out of the country, you may lose your ITAS /ITAP if you don’t take action. You would then have to go to an Indonesian embassy to apply for a new visa all over again (not another permit).
We have in the past understood that you cannot apply for an extension to your exit permit from abroad. However, consular offices abroad (in both embassies and consulates) may be able to assist you if you can provide the following, and IF they receive the approval from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta:
- Passport valid for more than six months from the date of re-entry into Indonesia
- KITAS/KITAP valid for more than one month past the re-entry date
- Ticket back to Indonesia
- Return addressed envelope (to mail your passport back to you)
If at all possible, it would still be advisable to handle the renewal/extension in Indonesia before you leave the country asa it should be much easier to accomplish.
Should contain this information: name, place of birth, date of birth, profession, income, nationality, KTP, address of your sponsor, your name, nationality, passport number, relationship with the sponsor, date, signature of the sponsor, and meterai (Rp 6,000 duty stamp).
When you are reading to leave Indonesia for good you will need to turn in your ITAS and obtain an ‘exit only’ permit from the immigration office. After getting the EPO stamped on your passport, a copy of the stamp is needed to apply for cancellation on your SKPPS (if you have it) and your Work Permit. You must turn in the original documents to each department who issued the permits. The EPO is only valid for 7 days, before leaving Indonesia.
Source : http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html#EPO